Free RPK, Free Hindraf 5, Free All Detainees!
The Internal Security Act under Article 149 of the Malaysian Constitution permits the detention, at the discretion of the Home Minister, without charge or trial of any person in respect of whom the Home Minister was satisfied that such detention was necessary.
A week ago, we have witnessed yet again, the abuse of the ISA in the case of the detention of Raja Petra Kamarudin – Editor of Malaysia Today, Tan Hoon Cheng – Journalist, Sin Chew Jit Poh and Teresa Kok Suh Sim – Member of Parliament, Seputeh.
To demonstrate stand on the abolishment of the ISA and to show our solidarity and support with all ISA detainees and their families, we are organising a forum with invited speakers with details as follows:
Date: 23 Sep 2008 (Tue)
Time: 8:00 pm
Venue: KL & Selangor Chinese Assembly Hall, Jln Maharajalela, Kuala Lumpur
Admission is Free; Bring Friends
The panel of Distinguished Speakers include:
- Lim Guan Eng, Penang Chief Minister, DAP MP Bagan, ADUN Air Itam
- Teresa Kok, Selangor State Exco, DAP MP Seputeh/ADUN Kinrara
- A. Sivanesan, Perak State Exco, DAP ADUN Sungkai
- Khalid Samad, PAS MP Shah Alam
- Nurul Izzah binti Anwar, PKR MP Lembah Pantai
- Datuk Ambiga Sreenevasan, Bar Council President
- Syed Ibrahim Syed Noh, Chairman of Gerakan Mansuhkan ISA (GMI)
Moderator: Teo Nie Ching, DAP MP Serdang
The wives of some of the current ISA detainees, Raja Petra Kamaruddin, M Manoharan (DAP ADUN Kota Alam Shah) and V Ganabathirao will be present and be given an opportunity to speak. We should all be there to give the all the moral support we can! Forward to all your friends!
Oh yeah, one more thing.
Have you signed the CPI petition?
Pinched above image from Zorro’s blog.