This truly is a BTN classic.
A taxpayer called up the LHDN (Inland Revenue Board) and asked for Form B.
The LHDN clerk who answered the call asked for the address to send the form to.
The conversation goes.…
- LHDN CLERK: Boleh bagi alamat encik? (Can you give me your address?)
- TAXPAYER: Ok, hantar ke Ranhill. (Ok, send to Ranhill)
- LHDN CLERK: Apa? Ranhill?……. eja macam mana? (What? Ranhill?… how to spell?)
- TAXPAYER: R… untuk Rumah (House)… A .. Ayam (Chicken)… N .. Nangka (Jackfruit)… H .. Holland (err .. Holland) …. I .. Itik (Duck)… L untuk lain- lain (Others)…..’
- LHDN CLERK: Ok.. Nanti kami hantar ke alamat itu (Ok, we will send to that address)
After waiting for a week, the form arrived.
Have a look at the address on the envelope!!!
Certain details have been deleted to protect the TAXPAYER.
I’m just wondering if the postman smiled the entire day when delivering it.
Coz ‘Lari-Bukit’ could have got him stumped!