BAHAWASANYA NEGARA KITA MALAYSIA mendukung cita-cita hendak :
- mencapai perpaduan yang lebih erat di kalangan seluruh masyarakatnya ;
- memelihara satu cara hidup demokratik ;
- mencipta satu masyarakat adil di mana kemakmuran Negara akan dapat dinikmati bersama secara adil dan saksama ;
- menjamin satu cara liberal terhadap tradisi-tradisi kebudayaannya yang kaya dan berbagai corak ; dan
- membina satu masyarakat progresif yang akan menggunakan sains dan teknologi moden.
MAKA KAMI, rakyat Malaysia, berikrar akan menumpukan seluruh tenaga dan usaha kami untuk mencapai cita-cita tersebut berdasarkan atas prinsip-prinsip yang berikut :
- KEPERCAYAAN KEPADA TUHAN
- KESETIAAN KEPADA RAJA DAN NEGARA
- KELUHURAN PERLEMBAGAAN
- KEDAULATAN UNDANG-UNDANG
- KESOPANAN DAN KESUSILAAN
Literal translation (english):
WHEREAS OUR COUNTRY, MALAYSIA nurtures the ambitions of:
- achieving a more perfect unity amongst the whole of her society;
- preserving a democratic way of life;
- creating a just society where the prosperity of the country can be enjoyed together in a fair and equitable manner;
- guaranteeing a liberal approach towards her rich and varied cultural traditions; and
- building a progressive society that will make use of science and modern technology.
NOW, THEREFORE WE, the people of Malaysia, pledge to concentrate the whole of our energy and efforts to achieve these ambitions based on the following principles:
- BELIEF IN GOD
- LOYALTY TO KING AND COUNTRY
- THE SUPREMACY OF THE CONSTITUTION
- THE RULE OF LAW
- COURTESY AND MORALITY
The Rukun Negara is like the Federal Constitution which cannot be changed at anyone’s whims and fancies .. hang on, it was .. like over several hundred times since 1957 ..
Ok, so the RK RN is another secular thingy that’s kosher for an extreme makeover just because a high court judge decided that Allah is the buzzword for a lot of people.
Hey, don’t get me wrong on this issue coz the Big Guy was probably pleased that His Name is mentioned more often than not, including by the melayus, as a result.
Not that he cares anywayz .. specially with what’s happening in camel country .. where it all began.
In fact, by some reckoning, after THE WORD was revealed, again and again, humanity just screwed everything thereafter for HIM (err .. HER?).
The RK RN was meant for a time when times got pretty messy around here in Malaysia i.e. after May 13th 1969.
Allah, God, whatever, didn’t have anything to do with it.
The politicians did it. Rightly or otherwise, to make matters better. It seems.
Even then, UMNO Baru, for about 53 years, or less if you consider its number one member, couldn’t get the job done.
Sooo .. Hadi, you think PAS can?
Get into Putrajaya first .. get the economy running smoothly .. and we’ll address this at another time.